In an office environment, noise can be a major distraction and hindrance to productivity. With open-plan offices becoming increasingly popular, it is necessary to find ways to reduce noise levels within the workplace. This is where acoustic panels come into play. Noise can cause stress, lack of concentration, and reduce productivity. This is caused by sound bouncing of walls and other hard reflective surfaces.
What are acoustic panels?
Acoustic panels are designed to absorb, sound waves, thereby reducing the amount of noise in a given area. They are commonly used in offices, recording studios, schools, and other commercial spaces where noise can be a problem.
Types of acoustic panels
There are various types of acoustic panels available in the market, each with its own unique features and benefits. Some common types include:
- Fabric Acoustic Wall Panels: These panels are made of fabric-covered Acoustic insulation, providing both visual appeal and sound absorption. They are available in a wide range of colours and patterns, making them a popular choice for offices.
- Acoustic Ceiling Panels: As the name suggests, these panels are installed on the ceiling to absorb sound waves that bounce off it. They are usually made acoustic insulation boards and can be covered in a wide range of acoustic transparent fabric.
- Sontext Serenity Acoustic Panels: These panels are made of durable, fire-rated acoustic insulation are designed to be installed on walls and ceilings. They have a high sound absorption coefficient and come in various sizes and thicknesses to treat the sound in a particular situation..
Benefits of using acoustic panels in offices
Aside from reducing noise levels, there are many other benefits to installing acoustic panels in offices. Some of these include:
- Improved Speech Intelligibility: With less background noise, it becomes easier for employees to communicate with each other and hold meetings without having to raise their voices. This can lead to increased productivity and efficiency in the workplace.
- Reduced Stress: Constant exposure to noise can be a significant source of stress for employees, leading to fatigue, irritability, and decreased concentration. By reducing noise levels, acoustic panels can create a more peaceful and comfortable work environment.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Acoustic panels come in a variety of designs, colours, and textures, making them a great addition to office spaces. They can add visual interest and improve the overall aesthetic appeal of the workplace. This can be as a result f the colours or even printed images or artworks on the panels.
If you are located in Melbourne, Sontext is a supplier of acoustic panels and can help you find the right solution for your office. Sontext Acoustic Panels, offer both fabric wall panels and Fabric Acoustic ceiling panels with a focus on architectural design; and specialize in creating custom-designed acoustic solutions.
With the help of Sontext, you can make your office space quieter and more conducive to work.
Contact Sontext on firstname.lastname@example.org