Noise in the classroom has many causes and also causes many difficulties.
How is the noise caused?
Imagine 25 children in a room and all talking or taking part in discussion in groups, interactive vocal activities which cause the sound to be louder. The classroom has windows, hard floor surfaces, gypsum walls and a high ceiling, all these are hard reflective surfaces. This results in the sound bouncing of all the hard surfaces and getting louder and louder. This is what produces the annoying noise.
What effect does this noise have?
- Hard for children to hear the teacher.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Increased stress for all , most importantly the teacher.
- Increased difficulty for children with learning difficulties.
What can you do?
- Contact Sontext or a similar company to help look at options.
- Search online for design options
- Install Acoustic panels to the ceiling or walls.
By applying the correct amount of the appropriate acoustic treatment this will reduce the noise and improve the learning environment for all that use the classrooms.
38C Merri Concourse Campbellfield Victoria Australia 3061
Mob +61 (0)428 100 300 T +61 (03) 9432 2733 F+61 (03) 9432 2533
Central 1 Building, Level 2. Dubai World Trade Centre,
PO Box 114142, Dubai UAE
27 Old Gloucester Street
LONDON WC1N 3AX